Deadline: 9 March 2016
Open to: youth and NGO representatives from Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, UK, Ukraine, Turkey working with IDPs and refugees in their communities
Venue: 14-22 April 2016 in Sumy, Ukraine
About the seminar
Center for European Initiatives in cooperation with Active Ukrainians in Europe and Youth Peace Ambassadors Network will organize the seminar which will involve 36 youth and NGO representatives from 12 countries (Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, UK, Ukraine, Turkey working with IDPs and refugees in their communities). It will take place on 14-22 April 2016 in Sumy, Ukraine. It is aimed at empowering youth and NGO workers with tools and practices in working on inclusion and humanitarian support of IDPs and refugees.
Main objectives of the seminar:
- to share best practices between the NGOs and youth workers for the work with IDPs and refugees in hosting communities;
- to point out possible issues which could arise in the local communities experiencing the growing amount of IDPs and refugees and elaborate possible measures to deal with them;
- to compare the legal instruments existing in the countries of the participants concerning the status and support of the IDPs and refugees;
- to develop suggestions for local authorities for the possible measures to prevent possible conflicts in local communities;
- to develop follow-up initiatives for the support of IDPs and refugees in the communities of participants.
Seminar will be built on non-formal education methods, intercultural learning, experiential and participatory approaches. The participants will work together for elaborating individual and common ideas in order to apply the received knowledge and skills in their practices and establishing a cooperation for future.
- youth and NGO representatives from 12 countries (Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, UK, Ukraine, Turkey working with IDPs and refugees in their communities );
- have efficient level of English;
- have organizational support for further activities;
- work with the IDPs/refugees in the local communities; and readiness to make follow up activities;
- ability to take part in the whole seminar.
- The project is financed by Erasmus + programme;
- Accommodation, food, materials used during the seminar, 100% of the travel costs are covered by the organizers;
- The organizers will reimburse 100% of participants’ travel costs from your home city to Sumy, Ukraine within the limit defined by Erasmus+ program: (Armenia – 275 EUR per participant; Belarus – 275 EUR per participant; Georgia – 275 EUR per participant; Germany – 275 EUR per participant; Italy – 275 EUR per participant; Hungary – 275 EUR per participant; Poland – 275 EUR per participant; Spain – 530 EUR per participant; Sweden – 275 EUR per participant; United Kingdom – 360 EUR per participant; Turkey – 275 EUR per participant).
How to Apply?
You can apply through filling out online application form.
Before applying, please, contact official partner of this project in your country:
Sweden – Active Ukrainians in Europe, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Ukraine – Center for European Initiatives, email@example.com;
Italy – Eurogems Aps, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Turkey – Dinamik Gelisim Dernegi, email@example.com;
United Kingdom – Nefelieducationcic, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Armenia – Armenian Progressive Youth, email@example.com;
Belarus – Belarusian Youth Public Union New Faces, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Spain – Asociacion Cultural SENDE, email@example.com;
Georgia – Student-Youth Council, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Germany – FAIRbund e.V., Doerteemail@example.com;
Hungary – MeOut Association for Peace and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Poland – Instytut Wschodnich Inicjatyw, email@example.com.
For more information and related questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.