Deadline: 1 March 2016
Open to: PhD degree students registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme
Scholarship: up to 4,000 EUR
The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships to PhD students for applicants from low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy. This international organization is representing the interests of surveyors worldwide. It is a federation of the national member associations and covers the whole range of professional fields within the global surveying community. As a fellow you will support society, environment and economy by providing innovative, reliable and best practice solutions.
- Be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying;
- In a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy (see HERE);
- Must have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project;
- Applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor;
- Should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
What does scholarship cover?
Scholarships will be provided up to EUR 4,000 to PhD students. Successful applicants will qualify for a further grant of up to EUR 3,000 to attend and present a peer reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
How to apply?
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit the following set of documents in English:
- A cover sheet showing the candidate’s personal details and those of his/her institution;
- A 200 word abstract. This should be written in terms understandable to the lay person; similar to a press release and which the FIG Foundation could actually use as a press release in the event of a successful application;
- A one page research proposal as per the template below on A4 size paper;
- A copy of the paper that has been re-submitted to the journal after corrections have been completed;
- The journal paper’s referees’ reports.
For more information please visit the official web-page.