Deadline: 3 December 2015
Open to: people aged between 18-30 form EU Countries
Benefits: all costs will be covered and accommodation provided
BirdLife Malta is looking for 16 new full-time voluntary assistants to join their international team protecting birds and their habitats and inspiring and educating people about birds and nature in the Maltese Islands. Volunteer assistants will be based in their offices and their nature reserves in Malta. The period of the EVS is 1 February 2016 to 31 January 2017. They are looking for 16 volunteers in the following areas:
- 4 conservation;
- 1 environmental policy/law;
- 3 communications;
- 4 education;
- 1 administration;
- 3 finance.
Detailed information about each position you can find HERE.
- Aged 18-30 and an EU citizen;
- Outgoing, friendly, keen to meet new people, socialise and experience a different culture;
- Interested in bird conservation and/or environment protection;
- Interested in improving bird, plant and other taxa identification skills;
- Interested in inspiring and educating people about birds and the natural world;
- Willing to do hands-on conservation work ranging from caring of injured wild birds to fieldwork aimed at protection of wild birds from illegal killing;
- Willing to develop administration, work prioritising, numeracy and people skills;
- Willing to learn and having an adaptable work attitude commensurate with the needs of a charitable organisational structure including working flexible and occasional long hours;
- Physically fit (for essential fieldwork);
- Possess a valid driving licence (desirable).
All cost regarding to food, travel,visa, accommodation will be covered.
How to apply?
Please download and fill in the application form, making it very clear which department or position you are most interested in. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Application for EVS Assistants (Department or Position). Deadline for applying is 3 December 2015 4 pm (CET).
For more information please visit the official website.