Deadline: 2 November 2015
Open to: journalists working for media in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Baltic and the Caucasus
Costs: travel and accommodation and per diem expenses
To reflect the needs of journalists Perspektivy is launching a new scheme which aims to connect journalists in cross-border collaboration. This is an opportunity for journalists in the early stages of their career looking for the chance to develop their skills in international reporting and enhance their professional network abroad. Journalists will be offered grants, distance mentoring and seminars to help them to produce insightful stories.
Working in teams, journalists can produce joint or individual work. These stories can be on any topic, as long as they draw on examples from outside of their home country. For example, refugee and migrant crisis, climate changes, food products and its export/import, media, civil society etc. Other ideas are welcome and would be discussed.
This scheme will involve the following activities:
- 3-4 December 2015. A two day workshop in Moscow, where teams can meet up with Perspektivy mentors to discuss ideas, work on story angles and plan a road-map forward;
- 5 December 2015 – 1 February 2016. A mentoring phase, where the teams will work remotely with experienced mentors and senior journalists as they work on producing their stories;
- 4-5 February 2016. A two day wrap-up session where the teams meet again to finalize their pieces and present them to the other journalists on the scheme;
- Grants will be awarded to each team so that they can undertake travel or research to enable them to produce their story;
- The working language of the programme is Russian;
- This scheme is open to journalists working for media in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, the Baltic and the Caucasus;
- Journalists must apply with a story idea that transcends a national border;
- Applicants must be professional journalists with a minimum of three years working experience.
This is fully funded programme that covers travel and accommodation and per diem expenses of participants of the first kick off event, their approx 2 month team field research including traveling etc., 2 days closing event in Moscow in February 2016.
You are welcome to apply for the programme until 2 November 2015 by filling out the application form.
Please note that the size of any uploaded files must not exceed 5 MB.
For more information please visit the official website.