Deadline: 16 October 2015
Open to: applicants fluent in English, experienced in project management and with monitoring skills
Remuneration: EUR 40,000 – 45,000 gross per year
GRI is offering a temporary position of Manager – Public Policy in a duration of 6,5 months (December 2015 – mid June 2016). As a member of the Government Relations, International Organizations, Development & Advocacy (GIDA) team, the post holder will work closely with the Senior Manager as well as the Deputy Chief Executive (DCE). The post holder will work to ensure proactive and dynamic institutional relations with governments, market regulators, including stock exchanges that are important for GRI’s organizational goals. The post holder will be delegated a range of tasks and will contribute to the excellence and high level outreach of the GIDA Team in its policy related objectives and tasks. Core responsibilities are:
- Write (mostly in English, sometimes French or Spanish) of advisory documents and/or high level correspondence (e.g. to Ambassadors, Ministers);
- Prepare for and, when request, attend government related events and conferences;
- Maintain existing relationships with governmental or market regulator/operator contacts;
- Prepare of briefings and presentations for visits to governments and market regulators and operators;
- Proactively identify new policies and trends in the field of transparency;
- Systematically analyze and record governmental and policy and regulatory developments in the field of sustainability reporting;
- Manage and provide input to projects such as development of papers and/or publications on these matters;
- Prepare activities related to the GRI Conference 2016;
- Manage relations with the members of the GRI Governmental Advisory Group and prepare the spring 2016 meeting;
- Liaise with GRI regional hubs on related matters;
- Other duties as requested.
All candidates should meet following requirements:
- Proven track record of project management and monitoring skills;
- High level of accuracy;
- Excellent written communications skills;
- Fluency in English and minimally one other language (preferably French, Spanish or Dutch);
- Familiarity with sustainability issues and reporting;
- Experience in working with policy makers and/or market regulators;
- Ability to work with a high level of initiative on a day-to-day basis, based on agreed medium term objectives;
- An understanding of sustainable development international agenda is a plus;
- Pro-active and able to be results- and relationship oriented at the same time;
- Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting;
- Affinity with the mission and vision of GRI would be an advantage.
This is a full-time position (40 hrs per week) starting on 1 December 2015. The total remuneration is EUR 40,000 – 45,000 gross per year. The position is based in Amsterdam , the Netherlands.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 16 October 2015. Interested candidates, eligible to live and work in the Netherlands, are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in English to email@example.com.
For more information please see the official call.