Deadline: 31 July 2015
Open to: graduates from PhD, LLM, or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries
Fellowship: full funded by OSF TTF Young Professional Development Program ( up to USD 7,000)
European Policy Centre (CEP) from Belgrade is one of the think-tank organizations which is invited to host and mentor a young researcher, preferably a Serbian national, under the auspices of the Open Society Foundations Think Tank Fund. The future CEP fellow will be fully involved in the research activities of the organization with the mentorship of senior staff members throughout the entire 6-month duration of the programme.
With this initiative, the Open Society Think Tank Fund (OSF TTF) aims at supporting up to 15 fresh graduates per year from high-quality universities in the OECD countries who want to return to their country and assume posts in think tanks interested in attracting young staff. With these activities, they want to help young and talented people enter the region’s think tanks; provide additional capacity building with talented returnees getting engaged in policy-relevant research, analysis, and advocacy under the guidance of experienced staff; and assist think tanks in recruiting new talent into their ranks.
Depending on a research topic, individual programs at hosting organizations will last up to six months and start from November 2015 in Belgrade in CEP office.
Throughout this period, the young professionals are expected to engage in ongoing policy research projects:
- A full research or baseline study (young researchers are expected to formulate clear tangible outcomes at the end of the study/survey);
- Policy papers, briefs, or newsletters;
- An organized event or conference (young researchers should contribute to thematic development of an event organized within the program term);
- Any other policy-related product or activity that benefits both the individual and the hosting organization (e.g. designing and hosting policy blogs).
- Have graduated in the past three years with a PhD, LLM or MA degree in the social sciences and humanities from universities in the OECD countries;
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, or Ukraine;
- Applicants should be between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English and the working language of the host organization.
The fellowship is full funded by OSF TTF Young Professional Development Program (up to USD 7,000)
How to apply?
- CV in English or Serbian;
- Motivation letter describing among others your interest in this development program, your skills and qualifications and the added value of your engagement in CEP;
- Writing samples in both English and Serbian.
All documents must be send to Dragana Bajić at email@example.com latest by 31 July 2015.
Following the selection process at CEP, only one potential fellow will have a chance to submit an application to the OSF TTF.
For more information please visit the official website.