Deadline: 31 March 2015.
Open to: International (non-EU citizens only)
Fellowship: yearly amount of € 15.010,32 gross, living expenses of the amount of €100,00 gross, health insurance up to € 198,77
The International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy invites applications for available PhD positions in the areas of Physics, Neuroscience and Mathematics for the Academic Year 2015/16. Fellowship duration is for 3 years, extendable for a fourth. Positions are awarded in the field of Geometry and Mathematical Physics, Mathematical Analysis, Modelling, and Applications, Astrophysics, Astroparticle Physics, Physics and Chemistry of Biological Systems, Theoretical Particle Physics, Cognitive Neuroscience, Functional and Structural Genomics and Neurobiology.
This call is open to international candidates except EU citizens. Applicants interested in participating in this pre-selection must have a University degree which qualifies them for a PhD programme by the beginning of the courses (October 1st for Antiparticle Physics; Geometry and Mathematical Physics; Mathematical Analysis, Modelling and Applications and Theoretical Particle Physics, November 4th for all other courses). This selection is based on academic and qualifications only. There is no need to take entrance exams in Trieste.
- Admitted candidates will be awarded a fellowship of the yearly amount of € 15.010,32 gross (10,24% tax) for 3 years. Admission to the second year is subject to a Qualifying Examination at the end of the first year. The fellowship may be extended for a fourth year subject to approval by the School authorities and to availability of funds;
- A contribution towards living expenses of the amount of €100,00 gross per month will be awarded (at the end of the academic year) to those who will subscribe a registered rent contract;
- A contribution towards the expenses to be enrolled in the health insurance system up to € 198,77 will be granted to non-EU students only;
- A contribution (70% of the amount of the fellowship) may be awarded to students who should be forced to suspend their activity due to illness, maternity or other serious reasons up to 5 months;
- The School may offer, to a small number of candidates not directly admitted to the PhD courses, a fellowship of 15 days (€ 500,00 net) plus contribution towards living expenses of € 150,00 gross and travel allowance of € 1.000,00 maximum, in order to spend participate in the PhD. entrance exams that will take place July/September.
How to Apply?
An online application must be filled and sent using the procedure available at the page. Candidates should upload the following documents in pdf format:
- curriculum vitae;
- a certificate of University examinations with marks (in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish;
- a final degree certificate if already obtained (in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish) In order to be admitted such degree must be obtained by the beginning of the courses;
- a copy of the diploma thesis (if any).
via Bonomea, 265
For further information contact the Students’ Secretariat: email@example.com
The deadline is 31 March 2015 .The application form sent by email, post or fax together with a copy of an ID document MUST reach SISSA by April 10 (see announcement).
For further information please visit the official webpage.