Deadline: 17 May, 2015, by midnight (deadline extended)
Open to: young people (aged 13-15) from the EU member-states as well as from the candidate countries and potential candidates in Southeast Europe
Prizes: a fully paid two-day visit to Brussels for each national winner
The Directorate General for Enlargement of the European Commission is pleased to announce a video competition entitled “What does a united Europe mean to you?” for young people (aged 13-15) from the EU Member States as well as from the candidate countries and potential candidates in Southeast Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey).
Applications may be submitted in any of the official languages of the European Union. Be creative and win a trip to Brussels! Share your views and experience in a one minute video.
- Each participant may submit only one application;
- All applications must be clearly related to the topic of the competition;
- Acceptable are only original works. Once submitted, the application will be considered final;
- The video can include other people, but only one person can submit a video as the author and the video will be evaluated in this way by the national jury. Do not accept group reports;
- Applications may be with maximum duration of one minute;
- Applications that contain violence, hatred, racism, sexism or insults expressed in any other way, containing material and / or statement which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others or that may be considered illegal, will be disqualified;
- Applications from direct family members of employees of the EU institutions are not accepted.
National juries will choose one application from each country. Winners will be invited to Brussels accompanied by one adult in June/July 2015 where they will have the opportunity to explore the city and the EU institutions and to meet young people from Europe. Each winner with accompanied adult, will get fully covered return flight/bus ticket to Brussels, accommodation and three meals a day, transportation costs through Brussels as well as tickets for organized activities.
How to apply?
To submit your application, you must first register and apply on the official web-site. There you can also find other rules for participation and copyright. The deadline is 10 April 2015
If you have questions on how to apply, please contact by email: email@example.com. For more information about the contest, please contact:
Tel: +49 30 65 000 476
Please check the official web-site.