Deadline: 10 February 2015
Open to: students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia) or EU
Scholarship: travel costs, insurance, tuition fee, fixed monthly scholarship to cover living expenses
SIGMA Agile is an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 project within the European Commission scholarship programme Erasmus Mundus Action 2, Strand 1, Lot 2, Western Balkans – part of a wider programme that aims at promoting institutional cooperation and mobility between the EU and other parts of the world.
Within this scholarship programme, there are over 150 fully funded scholarships available:
- for students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from the Western Balkans to visit one of the EU partner universities;
- for students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from the EU partner universities to visit one of the partner universities in the Western Balkans.
All fields of study are available according to partner universities’ offers.
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from universities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Serbia who are nationals of one of these countries;
- Students, researchers, academic and administrative staff from partner universities in the EU who are nationals of the EU;
- All applicants must have finished at least one year of university studies;
- Applicants from the Western Balkans cannot have spent more than a total of 12 months over the last 5 years in one of the EU countries.
The scholarships will cover travel costs, insurance, tuition fee, and fixed monthly scholarship to cover living expenses:
- Undergraduates and Master will receive 1,000 EUR per month;
- Doctorates will receive 1,500 EUR per month;
- Post-doctorates will receive 1,800 EUR per month;
- Academic and administrative staff will receive 2,500 EUR per month.
All interested candidates should first check which are the required documents HERE for undergraduate/master/PhD students and Post Doc’s and Staff respectively. All the documents should be in English or translated into English.
The application process is totally online and you must follow the next steps:
- Make sure you are eligible and decide which target group you belong to;
- Check the academic offers of the partner universities and decide which university you will be applying to – you have 2 choices. Applicants from the Western Balkans can apply to the EU partner universities only, applicant from the EU partner universities can apply to the Western Balkans partner universities only;
- Make sure that you fulfill language and other requirements of the potential hosting university. Detailed information is included in each offer;
- Collect the required documents, write motivation statement;
- Make sure the documents are in English (or are translated into English) and the motivation statement is well-written;
- Create an account. You will receive a personalized link to your online application form;
- Fill out the application form. Please note that you don’t need to fill it out and submit at one time. There are 3 stages: personal data, selection of the programmes and hosting university(-ies), uploading the required documents;
- Upload the required documents;
- Submit the application;
- Make sure that you have received a confirmation by e-mail.
The deadline to apply for the SIGMA program is 10 February 2015.
If you have any specific questions how to apply, contact SIGMA Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit the official website.