Deadline: 15 January 2015
Open to: international amateur and professional photographers
Prize: cash prize and photography equipment
The monthly photojournalism magazine DAYS JAPAN was launched in March 2004, in response to the burgeoning demand for quality reporting from the world’s many war fronts and conflicts that claim so many lives today. The world-class photographers who contribute to their publication do their work at great peril, many risking their lives for their shots. Regardless of how the photos are taken, DAYS JAPAN aims to always tell the truth from the perspective of victimized civilians and not of those exercising authority through military or other power.
DAYS JAPAN invited photographers and journalists worldwide to participate in the 10th DAYS JAPAN International Photojournalism Awards in 2014. Many distinguished works were submitted from around the globe, and they would like to thank all those who sent in entries.
Any photographer may apply, regardless of age, occupation, gender or nationality.
- First Prize: One person -Trophy and Supplementary Prize (cash prize of 1 million Yen [approx. US$10,000] and a digital camera and lens);
- Second Prize: Two persons – Trophy and Supplementary Prize (cash prize of 300,000 Yen [approx. US$3,000], digital cameras and lens)
- Third Prize: Three persons – Trophy and Supplementary Prize (cash prize of 100,000 Yen [approx. US$1,000], compact digital camera)
- Special Prize by DAYS JAPAN: One person – Trophy and Supplementary Prize (cash prize of 100,000 Yen [approx. US$1,000], pen tables and SD memory)
- Special Prize by Jury: Nine persons – Trophy and Supplementary Prize (cash prize of 100,000 Yen [approx. US$1,000], digital camera lens, SD memory cards ,pen tables…)
- Public Prize: Four persons – Trophy and Supplementary Prize (cash prize of 50,000 Yen [approx. US$500] RAW developing software)
All works must be sent by postal delivery and arrive by January 15, 2015. Please note that all works should be declared as having “no commercial value” if sent from overseas, so as to avoid complications with customs offices.
Download the application form and alongside with your work send it by mail to:
The 11th DAYS JAPAN International Photojournalism Awards 2015
Takeuchi Building 402, 1-37-19 Matsubara,
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 156-0043, Japan