Deadline: 13 October 2014
Open to: graduates who are residents of one of the OSCE 57 participating States from Europe, Central Asia and North America
Salary: 6.900 Polish Zloty (1.650 euros)
The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. This position is located in the CPRSI (Contact Point for Roma and Sinti Issues) in OSCE/ODIHR. The CPRSI requires support by a Project Assistant (Short Term Assignment – STA) to achieve its objectives under the project “Roma and Sinti Youth Initiative – Empowering Roma and Sinti youth to promote social inclusion of their communities,” within the ODIHR programme “Assisting the participating States to effectively implement the Action Plan on Improving the Situation of Roma and Sinti within the OSCE Area.” The job position will take place in Poland and its duration is from October 2014 till January 2015.
They are looking for candidates who:
- Are residents of one of the participant countries;
- Completed secondary education or equivalent;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience. Working experience with Roma and Sinti youth or women’s organizations in an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Roma and Sinti related issues, in particular Roma and Sinti youth and women’s issues;
- Good knowledge of OSCE, ODIHR and the Contact Point for Roma and Sinti Issues respectively (including OSCE commitments relating to Roma and Sinti and particularly Roma and Sinti youth and women);
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work with tight deadlines, and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent oral and written English. Knowledge of Romani language is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
OSCE will provide monthly remuneration (subject to social security deductions) of approximately 6.900 PLN (EUR 1.650). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
In order to apply you need to send the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In vacancy number you need to put VNODIG00502
For additional information please download the official call.