Deadline: 15 March 2015
Open to: students from non-European transition or developing country
Fellowship: between EUR 2,150 and EUR 2,750 per month
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation promote academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from abroad and from Germany. Their research fellowships and research awards allow you to come to Germany to work on a research project you have chosen yourself together with a host and collaborative partner. International Climate Protection Fellowships allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection.
Candidates must have:
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) completed with outstanding results less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship;
- Clearly visible leadership potential demonstrated by experience in a leadership position, or appropriate references;
- Professional experience in a leadership role in the field of climate protection (at least 48 months at the time of application), or a further academic or professional qualification;
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German
- Citizens of a non-European transition or developing country which is also the fellow’s habitual abode and place of work.
The fellowship provides:
- Fellowship amount according to qualifications between EUR 2,150 and EUR 2,750 per month;
- Allowance of 800 EUR per month for the host in Germany for projects in the natural and engineering sciences, and EUR 500 per month for projects in the humanities and social sciences;
- Allowance for a study or research visit to an institution in another European country lasting from one to two months;
- Two-month intensive language course in Germany;
- Lump sum for travel expenses;
- Extensive alumni sponsorship.
If you want to apply for the fellowship position first you need to register and create an account here. After creating an account you will be asked to proceed with your application. To complete the online application for you will need the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages);
- Host’s statement including mentoring agreement;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Certificate of the first academic degree and, if applicable, further degrees, including certified translations;
- Transcripts (of grades) for courses attended;
- German or English language certificate.