The M+/Design Trust Fellowship Program in Hong Kong

Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to: individuals of all nationalities whose areas of research are in design, architecture or a related field
Fellowship:  a monthly lump-sum stipend of $40,000 HKD ($5,150 USD), travel subsidy


The M+ / Design Trust Fellowship programme aims to support an original research project investigating issues relating to design and architecture in the Greater Pearl River Delta region. Apart from expanding the current body of knowledge in these areas, it is hoped that the findings from the fellowship will also inform future acquisitions and other programmes at M+. Applicants should engage in advanced historical research on either a single discipline, such as architecture, graphic design, industrial design and urbanism, or cross-disciplinary developments, taking into consideration the region’s cultural, social, economic and political milieus as well as its international and cross-cultural networks. Although post-1949 topics are preferred, exceptional proposals focusing on issues related to the beginning of the twentieth century will also be considered.


  • individuals of all nationalities whose areas of research are in design, architecture or a related field;
  • holding a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline or an undergraduate degree with minimum 3 years relevant professional work or academic research experience;
  • proficiency in spoken and written English.


The Fellow will be provided a monthly lump-sum stipend of $40,000 HKD (equivalent to around $5,150 USD) for three to six months to cover research-related and living costs. An overseas fellow may request a one-time travel subsidy of up to $10,000 HKD (equivalent to around $1,290 USD), covering the transportation to and from the place of origin and Hong Kong.


Application deadline is 30 June 2014.

All application materials (Completed application form, CV, 2 letters of recommendation submitted directly from the references, 3-5 pieces of relevant written work, published or unpublished) must be sent to For further information visit the official website HERE.

Leave a Reply