Deadline: 15 July 2014
Open to: public administrations and mandated bodies established in one of the European Union member countries
Grant: 855,000 euros for a project with 21-month initial duration
Europe Aid calls for beneficiary countries to submit grant proposals to implement Gender Equality Project in Macedonia. The main aim of this project is to increase the effectiveness of the country’s preparation to access the European Union. The implementation of this project will also contribute to the efficient planning and implementation of European Union projects.
The proposals should include activities, such as: advice and coaching sessions, tailor made training program, seminars, workshops and conferences, manuals, procedures and check-lists, a study visit, and an overall project assessment. The main ideas of the proposals should evolve around important issues, such as: civil society development, environmental consideration, equal opportunity non-discrimination for minorities and vulnerable groups, anti-corruption solutions, communication and publicity.
The project will take place in Macedonia during an initial period of 21 months and a total of 855,000 euros will be granted for its successful implementation.
Interested applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be established in a Member State of the European Union;
- Only Public Administrations and Mandated bodies as per Twinning Manual of European Union MS may apply through European Union MSs’ National Contact Points;
- The MS Project leader (proposed) should be a high-ranking civil servant or equivalent staff seconded to work within departments/units related to gender equality and/or equal opportunities in a Member State with a minimum University degree in related studies (preferably in social sciences, human rights, law etc.); a Master Degree would be considered an asset;
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record in the fields of gender equality and/or equal opportunities;
- Applicants must have the managerial, organizational and planning capabilities to manage multi-component projects.
The overall grant available for this project is 855,000 euros.
Proposals must be submitted to the EU Member States National Contact Points for Twinning. The proposal must strictly follow the Twinning Manual (including the use of the template). National Contact Points for Twinning will then select one proposal and submit it to the Contracting Authority within the deadline for applications. For each application, one copy should be sent by the email address of the National Contact Point for Twinning.
Deadline for applications is 15 July 2014.
Detailed information on this Call for Proposals is contained in the Twinning Manual available at the European Union Member States National Contact Points for Twinning.
For more information on current Twinning projects, please consult the Enlargement section on the European Commission’s webpage.
For more information on the project itself, check out the official call in English and French.