Deadline: 22 April 2014
Open to: young professionals, journalists, civil society activists and graduate students from Albania, Serbia and Kosovo
Venue: 11-26 May 2014, Uljcinj, Montenegro
What is it about?
Young professionals, journalists, civil society activists and graduate students from Albania, Serbia and Kosovo are invited to apply for the Summer School in Security Policy in Montenegro. The Summer School is a joint initiative of three independent think-tanks specialised in security research: Belgrade Centre for Security Policy (BCSP), Kosovar Centre for Security Studies (KCSS), and Institute for Mediation and Democracy (IDM). During the school, the students will learn how civilians can analyse and research security policy, discuss about human, national and regional security issues in the Western Balkans, analyse linkages between security and democratisation issues in Albania, Serbia and Kosovo with their peers from these communities as well as think of proposals for overcoming challenges in bilateral and trilateral relations. They will apply this knowledge in their graduate studies or work.
The Summer School on Security Policy is a part of joint three-year long project Security Research Forum (SRF) Belgrade-Pristhina-Tirana funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Who can apply?
Eligible are candidates that:
- Are professionals/graduate students/journalists/civil society activists between 22-35 years old who are residents of Albania, Serbia and Kosovo;
- Possess basic knowledge of political system and the security sector of their respective country;
- Have a university degree in social sciences;
- Are proficient in English language. A good command of English is required and might be tested during interviews;
- Are committed to participate all five days of summer school.
How much does it cost?
Accommodation, meals and organised transportation is covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
To apply please send by 22 April 2014:
- Completed application form (including motivation letter and essay);
to the e-mails provided here:
- Albania – Institute for Mediation and Democracy: Foto Duro (email@example.com);
- Serbia – Belgrade Centre for Security Policy: Isidora Stakic (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Kosovo – Kosovar Centre for Security Studies: Fjolla Raifi (email@example.com).
Selection process will take up to a week and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Read more in the official call.