Deadline: 30 June 2014
Open to: individuals or groups with at least one member between the ages of 18-35
Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World is a joint initiative from the Singapore Committee for UN Women and MasterCard, helping young change-makers create a better world for women and girls in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Project Inspire presents 18-35 year olds with a five-minute platform to pitch their inspired idea, for the chance to win a US$25,000 grant.
- must be designed to empower disadvantaged women and girls through entrepreneurship and business literacy;
- must be based on an existing initiative;
- the beneficiaries of the project must be women or girls in Asia/Pacific, Middle East or Africa;
- must not propagate any political views or religious doctrines;
- must be designed to be implemented with a budget of US$25,000;
- the winner of this competition must commence the fieldwork for their project by 1 February 2015.
Participants may submit entries as an individual or as a team of up to three members.
If submitting as an individual, you must be between the ages of 18-35. If submitting as a team, at least one member of the team must be between the ages of 18-35.
One grand prize winner will receive a US$25,000 grant.
Up to 10 finalists will each receive:
- 1 return flight from the finalist’s capital city to Singapore, to participate in the grand final;
- 1 ticket to the Project Inspire grand final event on August 30, 2014;
- 4 nights accommodation in Singapore, plus meals and transfers;
- Exclusive INSEAD and Bain & Company workshops, plus one-on-one mentoring sessions.
Deadline for submissions is 30 June 2014. Submit your application HERE.
For more information visit the official website HERE.