Deadline: 31 December 2015
Open to: individuals older than 18
Benefits: developing new skills, gaining experience
AVEC International is non- governmental organisation and a charitable organisation, with its head office in Kampala, St. Apollo Kivebulaya Church of Uganda, Kitebi, Lubaga Division.
It was started in April 2013 by a group of Social Workers with a defined social work principle of restoring the social functioning and seeks to improve the quality of life and well-being of individuals, groups and communities in Uganda and the world at large.
Their mission is to wholly transform the lives of elderly people and vulnerable children in societies in, but not limited to Uganda.
How will your time help?
- You add to the pool of people available to assist in the running of various programs, which means more clients can be helped;
- You can help increase public awareness of AVEC International , its services and its needs;
- You help ensure a more cost effective service, making best use of funds available, or help in raising more funds;
- You will bring your skills, expertise, enthusiasm and new ideas to help the work of AVEC International.
AVEC International can use volunteer help right across the organisation, including areas such as:
- Preparing and serving food;
- Typing, clerical, mailroom and reception work;
- Research and marketing;
- Beneficiaries visits;
- Accompanying aged care or other clients on excursions;
- Teaching children music, Drama, educational theaters;
- Mentoring and encouraging.
Anyone older than 18 years of age can become volunteer.
The volunteers report a great sense of satisfaction, and joy at developing new skills, gaining work experience, making new friends, and simply having fun. There is no fee.
Apply online HERE. Deadline is 31 December 2015.
For more information visit the official website HERE.