Deadline: 31 August, 2013
Open to: international professional and amateur photographers over 16 years of age
Prizes: first place: photo safari holiday, second place: Olympus OM-D Camera, third place: Blue Dot display stand
Amateur and professional photographers are invited to apply for the Urban Photographer of the Year competition organized by CBRE. The theme of this year’s competition is ‘Cities At Work’. The Urban Photographer of the Year will be the person who, in the eyes of the judges, has best captured the brief to portray the life of a town or city at a given time of day. Whilst the photograph does not necessarily have to be taken at that specific time of day, it does need to look as though it was.
There are 6 different categories for which pictures can be submitted: travel/transport, workplace, architecture, urban regeneration, cityscape and environment. This year sees the introduction of a student competition which will run alongside the main competition.
- Open to professional and amateur photographers over 16 years of age
- Entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright and all other rights in all images
- Participants can submit only one photograph for each hour of the day
- Images that have won prizes in other competitions are not eligible for this competition
Please read the full terms and conditions HERE.
The organizers are providing prizes for the top three finalists of The Urban Photographer of the Year:
- First place: Photo Safari Holiday
- Second place: Olympus OM-D Camera
- Third place: Blue Dot Display Stand
Participants are requested to fill in the entry form and upload the images HERE no later than 31 August 2013.
Participants applying for the student competition should indicate that they are students and use their university email address as a main contact.
For further information please visit the official website.