Deadline: 16 August 2013
Open to: organisations with projects, programmes or activities that help refugees and displaced people across the globe
Grant: $ 75,000
Ockenden International is now open to applications from organisations with projects, programmes or activities that help refugees and displaced people across the globe. The focus of the application is project, programme or activity (referred to as the ‘project’) where:
- it should benefit refugees or displaced people anywhere except the United Kingdom.
- must have been initiated no earlier than May 1, 2010 (i.e. no more than 36 months before the opening date for the current year’s applications).
- the prime focus of the project must be helping refugees and displaced people rather than an ancillary benefit and there must be a strong emphasis on promoting self-reliance.
- the applicant must be able to show that there have been measurable achievements and outcomes leading to real change in the lives of those helped.
- where possible evidence of independent external evaluation should be provided.
- Applicants must be registered as a charity.
- Applicants can apply on their own organization’s behalf or nominate a non-profit partner or affiliated organization.
- Applicants must be financially sound with high standards of governance
The wining project will be chosen by a jury which will look for:
- initiatives that promote self-reliance among refugees and displaced people.
- approaches that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and displaced people.
- work which has been carried out in especially difficult circumstances.
- organizations with strong governance and financial management.
The best chosen project will receive $75,000. While the two runners-up, second and third from the short-listed finalists, will win $10,000 each.
All applications should be made via the online Entry Form. However, for registered charities without access to the internet, postal entries will be considered. If required, download the pdf version of the Entry Form. Print and fill out the form in block letters and mail it, along with the requested documentation by the closing date, to:
PO Box 1275
Woking GU22 2FT
For further information please visit the official website.