Deadline: as soon as possible – not specified
Open to: youth with experience in journalism and an excellent command of English
Remuneration: not specified
viEUws is a new digital platform on EU policy Development based in Brussels, Belgium. They produce high quality video interviews and debates with top-level EU decision-makers and stakeholders. They offer an innovative way for stakeholders to share their views on the issues that affect them, through the use of videos.
viEUws is looking for an Editorial Coordinator (paid internship / to start ASAP): to ensure timely coordination of video planning and recordings, to act as the main point of contact for all production matters & to maintain and manage web editorial content.
viEUws’ videos are hosted by Brussels-based journalists who are experts in their field. To that end, viEUws has teamed up with leading media agencies such as AGRA FACTS, the European Energy Review and MLex. Their business model is based on 4 elements:
- the sale of advocacy space: stakeholders interested in sharing their views on topics covered by viEUws can post comments, in particular videos on viEUws’ website
- the sale of advertising space on viEUws’ website
- the production of audiovisual material such as video reports on conferences, seminars, general assembly meetings
- media training focused on working with the Brussels-based media and on how to deal with audiovisual media (TV lecture and camera exercises)
viEUws is privately owned and totally independent from government, EU institutions and other media groups. It is owned and managed by viEUws SA, a Belgian registered company
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Dynamic, well organised and result oriented
- Experience in journalism
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work both independently and in an international team
- Ability to prioritize and juggle
- Knowledge of EU policies and decision-making processes
- Experience with video production
- Additional European languages would be a (strong) plus
Interested? Please send your CV and motivation letter in English, addressed to David Thual, to email@example.com as soon as possible. No phone calls.
For more information, please see the official call for applications HERE.