Deadline: 7 June, 2013
Open to: 24 participants from Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania
Venue: 9-18 July 2013, Pärnu, Estonia
“Animate the Change” training course will bring together 24 youth leaders from Europe to discuss the topic of active participation, discrimination and how to engage wider public into discussion by using street animation methods. According to North-East Centre of the Council of Europe “the methodology of Global Education focuses on supporting active learning and encouraging reflection with active participation of learners and educators.” Therefore this project was created to answer to a need that was detected in Estonian society, as well in Eastern Europe and in Europe in general. In youth work specific there are not too many educational opportunities for youth workers that can enable them to bring the global dimension to the youth work and to reach more young people in their communities. This project will offer the opportunity for youth workers and leaders to explore deeper global topics and social exclusion as well to bring these important dimensions in their work and act towards it.
- To increase the knowledge level of young people and youth workers in topics like: active participation, discrimination, corruption, global interdependencies, social and global justice, social exclusion;
- To create pro-active attitudes towards social exclusion and global issues;
- To encourage participation and involvement of young people in social processes;
- To develop sense of common responsibility for the future of their local communities from a global and social perspective;
- To develop practical skills in street animation and campaigning methods (street theatre, clowning, joggling, flash mobs, animation, etc);
- To stimulate the participants to act as “change animators” in their own organization and regions;
- To introduce Youth in Action Program, as a great provider of inclusion and learning opportunities.
The training is open to 24 participants from Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, France, Latvia, Poland, Portugal, Romania and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers, EVS mentors/tutors.
Travel (70%) and hosting costs (100%) are covered by the Youth In Action program. There is no participation fee.
How to apply
Please download and print the application form. After you have filled it out, send it to: Stefano Zito – firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 7 June, 2013.
The successful candidates will be informed by 10 June, 2013.
For more information please check the program.