Deadline: 20 May, 2013
Open to: international volunteers of all ages
Benefits: accommodation and food covered
Special Education Centre Janez Levec is the largest organization in Slovenia dealing with children and young people with special needs. In the end of May 2013 it will hold International festival ‘Play with me’ in several locations in Slovenia for the 7th time already. After playing&learning in Muta and Maribor, there will be the gathering in the centre of Ljubljana to spend vibrant days of May 28-31 together.
The event is mainly dedicated to children and youngsters, especially those with special needs. Through workshops, concerts and games you get the chance to think about such important topics as stereotypes and prejudices, mutual inclusion and non-formal education methods.
Join the team of volunteers as…
- leader or assistant at creative/sports/educational workshops
- member of technical support team
- photo/video operator
- blogger or promoter
- … (suggest your own variant!)
The Call is open to international volunteers of all ages.
- Skills of event organization, working with children or leading workshops
- Better understanding of the topics of inclusion and equal participation
- Acting for a good cause
- Certificate of participation (will be useful for your CV!)
- Contacts of participating NGOs for future cooperation
- Opportunity to see all the different events of the festival and participate in many of them
- Socializing or cultural program in the afternoon + evening concerts
- Making new acquaintances
- T-shirt with the logo of “Play with me”
- Drinks and snacks keeping you active and full of energy!
- For the volunteers coming to Ljubljana the organizers offer free accommodation and meals during the festival.
- Travel costs are not covered.
Application form is available here
Contact person: Anna Varfolomeeva,firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 20 May, 2013.