Deadline: 5 April, 2013
Open to: candidates with degree in law and a good experience of working in a human rights NGO as a practising lawyer or in academia
Remuneration: a monthly grant of 1,300
INTERIGHTS is pleased to invite applications for a three month funded internship starting at the beginning of June 2013, for a lawyer/academic working on LGBTI Human Rights in Europe.
The precise nature of activities will depend on organisational and programme priorities at the time of the placement; however, it is likely that the main areas in which experience will be offered will include:
- Legal research on international and comparative human rights law and practice relating to LGBTI Human Rights to support the preparation of briefs before domestic courts and the European Court of Human Rights;
- Assistance on INTERIGHTS’ publications on LGBTI Human Rights;
- Where possible, attendance at meetings with human rights practitioners, lectures, or visits to other international / national human rights organisations based in London.
The three-month internship will begin in early June 2013 and will be based in London.
The successful applicant will:
- have a degree in law;
- have good experience of working in a human rights NGO as a practising lawyer or in academia;
- have demonstrable experience of working with the European Convention on Human Rights and the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights;
- have worked on and have an interest in working on LGBTI Human Rights (familiarity with issues related to the human rights of transgender people will be an advantage);
- be familiar with regional and international human rights instruments and mechanisms;
- demonstrate strong research, analytical and writing skills;
- and have good spoken and written English (knowledge of a Central and Eastern European language and/or of French will be an advantage);
- have the right to work in the UK.
- The intern will receive a monthly grant of £1,300.
- INTERIGHTS will arrange and pay for travel
- Accommodation is not provided but INTERIGHTS can advise on finding a suitable place to stay.
Please note: Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or be able to successfully obtain a visa before the placement.
To apply please send:
- a covering letter,
- a curriculum vitae indicating two referees,
- a completed equality and diversity monitoring form
- a recent writing sample of no more than two thousand words.
Short listed applicants may be interviewed by telephone.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com. Please enter the title of the internship you are applying for in the subject heading of your email.
The closing date for applications is 5 April 2013.
4 thoughts on “Three-month Internship at INTERIGHTS, London”
Is it open for Macedonians?
It appears open to people of any country, as long as they are a practicing lawyer and can successfully obtain a visa/right to work in the UK before the placement begins in May.
when will you be able to announce the applicants who gained a position?
Please note that Mladiinfo team is not responsible for candidates selection, as we are only sharing this information. For any questions and concerns which you might have, please consider checking with the responsible contact persons which can be found at the official website.
Additionally note that candidates are probably to be contacted via e-mail regarding the outcomes of the selection.