Deadline: not specified
Open to: new and established scholars, researchers and practitioners who can make a valuable contribution to the subject matter and to international urban ethnography
Benefits: publication in a respected peer-reviewed scientific journal
The editorial board of URBANITIES – The Journal of the Commission on Urban Anthropology is pleased to welcome submissions for the 2013 issues of the journal.
URBANITIES is an on-line, open-access peer-reviewed academic journal. It was founded in 2011 and is published twice a year (in May and in November). The journal’s scope is to provide a forum for debate on issues of scientific and public interest worldwide. It aims at providing the scientific community and the general public with up-to-date news on urban research and its relevance in understanding the social, cultural, political, economic and environmental changes of today’s world.
URBANITIES aims at publishing original articles on urban research, at exploring new trends and debates in urban ethnography that promote critical scholarship in international anthropology and at highlighting the contribution of urban research to the broader society. Articles published in the journal are ethnographically based and address theoretical, methodological or public issues concerning all aspects of urban research.
- URBANITIES welcomes contributions from new and established scholars, researchers and practitioners who can make a valuable contribution to the subject matter and to international urban ethnography.
- URBANITIES encourages the submission of previously unpublished, original contributions that are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Submissions should be written in clear English language, accessible to a wide international readership, many of whom may not be professional anthropologists.
Before submitting your Contribution, please check that your typescript conforms to Urbanities Contributors Guidelines.
Contributions should be sent as email attachments. Please attach non-text material and the author’s short biography as separate files.
In your email, please indicate clearly:
- First/Given Name
- Surname/Family name
- Title (e.g., Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, Dr, Prof.)
- Type of Contribution (e.g., Article, Book Review, Conference Report, etc.)
Please send your contributions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Form more detailed information visit the Official Website