Deadline: 19 November, 2012 (for Serbian applicants: 12 November, 2012)
Open to: Students coming from Croatia, Macedonia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo and Serbia
Benefits: The trainees will get a monthly allowance and they will be provided accommodation as well as insurances + German language courses
Within the framework of the Internship Programme of the German Business, young graduates and students from the Western Balkans complete three to six months long internships in leading German companies and they get an insight in German business culture. After their stay in Germany, the students will use their experience and contacts to support the reconstruction in their home countries. The program serves to intensify the regional reconciliation, economic relations and create a cross-sectoral network of young, cosmopolitan professionals in the region.
The objective of the programme is to provide internships for highly qualified students and graduates in companies inGermanyfor a period of 3 to 6 months.
The internships will be provided by some of the most renowned German companies in various fields:
- Energy production and supply
- Electronic industry
- Financial services, Insurance, Banking
- Consulting/ Auditing
- Industrial services
- Engineering (Machine building, Civil engineering, Process engineering)
- Transport-related engineering
- Environmental technology/ Biotechnology
- Chemical industry
- Media/ Journalism
- Steel and metal processing
- IT/ Telecommunications
The programme is supported by the German Federal Government. The internships in Germany will begin in June / July 2013.
- Educational profile: Studies focusing on business/ economics, engineering or journalism
- Age: Applicants should not be over 30 years old.
- Level of education: Students in higher semesters and graduates with some professional experience.
- Languages: Very good knowledge of German and/ or very good knowledge of English
The application process is on-line. For each internship position you can check the applications HERE.
Before you apply online you should prepare the following documents:
- a letter of motivation (1-2 pages in German or English)
- CV (in German or English)
- your picture (in a common graphics format e.g. JPG), as a separate document
- a scanned transcript of your courses and marks (with self provided translation in English or German, for the email application it is not necessary to send official translations)other scanned documents (e.g. language diplomas, letters of reference)
Applicants from Serbia should submit their online application by 12.11.2012. For Croatia, Macedonia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania and Kosovo the deadline is 19.11.2012. For detailed steps on the application process please click here.
The trainees get a monthly allowance. This money is provided by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. Besides the internship placements, the participating companies provide the necessary management capacity and bear the costs for accommodation as well as insurances. The programme also provides German language courses.
Trainees take part in a four-day introductory programme in Berlin prior to the internships, where they can learn about German institutions, get in touch with relevant stakeholders and attend seminars on German business culuture in order to prepare the scholarship holders for their stay in Germany.
Please apply online by November 19th, 2012. For further information contact Ms. Alina Gumpert: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can see the official open call HERE.
For detailed information please visit the official website.