Deadline: 16 August, 2012
Open to: International students who are Masters in Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
Scholarship: monthly salary amounts to approximately EUR 3,700 including pension savings
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen (DIKU) invites applications for a fully funded PhD Scholarship within identification and 3D localization of anesthetized animals. The study will cover areas from 3D Computer Vision, Image Analysis, and Machine Learning.
The study is part of the project “Real-time control of robots for the meat industry” which is undertaken by a consortium of universities and major players within the Danish meat industry including: University of Copenhagen, Technical University of Denmark, Danish Meat Research Institute, IHFood, Danish Crown, Danpo, Linco, Rose Poultry, TICan, and Robotcenter Danmark.
The applicant should have:
- An MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- An MSc thesis within Computer Vision, Image Processing, and/or Machine Learning
- Excellent programming skills, experience in MATLAB and/or C++
- A solid background in mathematics and/or statistics
- Knowledge on depth image data analysis
- A wish to combine theoretical method development with practical experiments
- Courage to work together with industrial oriented people, and to spend part of the project time with the project partners.
The scholarship is funded by the Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation. The PhD project will be carried out in the Image Group at DIKU, in formal cooperation with the project partners and a number of collaborating research groups throughout the world.
The salary and appointment terms are according to the agreement for PhD scholarships as of 1 April 2012, according to which the monthly salary amounts to approximately EUR 3,700 including pension savings. Each scholarship requires a Master´s degree in computer science or in a related field providing equivalent qualifications (see below), at the time of taking up the position. The scholarships can be commenced as of 1 October 2012, or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment is for a period of 3 years and is expected to lead to a PhD dissertation.
The application must contain:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation, including specific ideas and proposals for research work to be undertaken as part of the PhD project
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts of university examinations, covering both Bachelor´s and Master´s studies
- Copy of TOEFL or IETS test results and certificates (for non-EU/non-EEA nationals who do not have English as their native language)
- Copies of scientific publications (if any), including the Master´s thesis. If thesis work is still in progress at the time of application, a draft or a 1-2 page synopsis should be enclosed instead
- Contact details for 2 persons for scientific references
The copies of transcripts should preferably be in English or Danish. They need not be notarized. However, any offer made will be contingent upon verification of academic qualifications to become effective, e.g. by notarized translation into English or Danish.
The University of Copenhagen wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society at large and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of nationality, gender, marital status, race, personal beliefs, etc.
You can apply online here. Deadline for applying is 16 August, 2012.
4 thoughts on “Denmark: PhD Scholarship in Image Analysis and Computer Vision”
I wanted to apply online but it does not accept my date of receiving M.S degree which is 2012/08/20
Please direct your question to the contacts provided here http://introduction.ku.dk/contact/.
Plus, postage is affordable because greeting cards are light-weight.
So, even although we are listening, we have
to make certain that we comprehend what is becoming stated.
There is a wide selection in the tarot deck designs.
Csápos emelő, motorkerékpár emelő,
emelő, autó emelő, aknaperem emelő, időszakos biztonsági vizsgálat, üzembehelyezés országosan emelőgép