Deadline: 15 July 2012
Open to: students with interest in social media and web communications
Remuneration: 750EUR/ 6 months paid internship
EPIA, the European Photovoltaic (PV) Industry Association, with headquarters in Brussels, is recruiting a Political Communications Intern to work in its office in Brussels. EPIA represents members active along the whole solar PV value chain: from silicon, cells and module production to systems development and PV electricity generation as well as marketing and sales. EPIA’s mission is to give its global membership a distinct and effective voice in the European market, especially in the EU. EPIA is a highly dynamic and multi-cultural organisation at the centre of EU affairs.
– Website monitoring (updates, referencing, etc.)
– Social media (management, strengthening and improvement of EPIA’s presence on social networks)
– Support to Media/public relations activities: drafting, proofreading, editing of external communications tools (press releases, publications, mailings, newsletters, etc.)
– Management of the press data base & press clippings
– Media monitoring
– Ad-hoc support on the awareness campaign (incl. social media, website updates, meetings minutes)
– Management of the general mailbox of the department and dissemination of the information
– General assistance to the unit
- Student status and internship taking place in the frame of the study programme
- Fluent English (Native speaker level preferred), any other European language is an asset
- Willing to work in a dynamic international association
- Degree in communication or equivalent
- Outstanding IT skills and first experience with website content management
- Knowledge and interest in social media and web communications
- Knowledge of ‘Constant contact’ mailing system is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, responsibility
- Attention to details
- Ability to work independently as well as in team and under pressure
As per Belgian legislation, a monthly reimbursement (750EUR) for expenses on a standard basis is planned. A signed Convention de Stage (a tripartite agreement signed by EPIA, the intern and his/her university or college) is required. Prospective interns must fulfill this requirement to apply.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com until the 15/07/2012 quoting “Political Communications Intern” in subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on EPIA, please visit The Official Website.