Deadline: 31 August 2011
Open to: Master graduate in Engineering or in a Science
Salary: Competitive salary
The Vision Lab, a research group of the physics department at the University of Antwerp, is seeking for a PhD position in the field of medical image reconstruction. Its main focus is on biomedical image processing and reconstruction with focus on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-ray computed tomography (CT), positron emission computed tomography (PET) and single photon computed tomography (SPECT).The current position involves the development of novel, model based iterative reconstruction algorithms for SPECT and/or PET.
- A research trajectory towards a PhD
- Multidisciplinary research: cooperation with biomedical research groups and industrial partners
- Top-computer infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- A Master in Engineering (Biomedical, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Electrical) or a Master in Science (Mathematics, Physics or Applied Physics).
- You are a collaborative dynamic person who likes to work in a multidisciplinary research environment.
- You are flexible and are willing to pursue deadlines. You are willing to travel abroad for meetings.
- You have a strong background in mathematics and interest in scientific research
- Programming skills in C++ is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (English)
How to apply
Interested candidates should send
- A motivation letter
- A detailed CV (including followed courses, grades, previous work, publications
- Contact info of references
Documents stated above need to be sent to the address below by 31. August 2011.
Jan De Beenhouwer
University of Antwerp
Campus Drie Eiken, N.1.13
B-2610 Antwerp, Belgium