Deadline: 27 February 2011
Open to: documentary photographers from Bulgaria, Moldavia, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine
Fee/Costs: The workshop is free of charge; travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed
Venue: 21-25 March 2011, Bucharest, Romania
NOOR photo agency and foundation and Nikon Europe BV support documentary photographers from emerging markets all over the world through the organization of annual motivational masterclasses.
NOOR and Nikon invite photographers to submit their portfolios for selection for the 2011 Noor-Nikon Masterclass in Documentary Photography.
NOOR photo agency and foundation and Nikon Europe BV support documentary photographers from emerging markets all over the world through the organization of annual motivational masterclasses. The next program will take place in Bucharest, Romania, organized in collaboration with the Eidos Foundation and Skin Media SRL, 21-25 March 2011.
The masterclass is accessible to young and aspiring documentary photographers from, Bulgaria, Moldavia, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine.
Aim of Workshop
During the five days of the workshop, 15 participants, together with three member photographers of NOOR photo agency, NOORʼs managing director and one expert from Nikon, will share their experience, work on portfolios, improve their editing skills and learn how to pick up and develop a story. Each of the days will consist of intensive communication with the photographers on the subjects of technical features and the peculiarities of the international photo market. It is a unique opportunity to gain new knowledge, contacts, learn to tell stories in the photographer’s language of expression and develop personal vision.
The workshop is free of charge; travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed (possession of a passport and travel insurance is required to apply).
• Have basic English language skills (the workshop is in English. in case a translator is needed, this can be discussed with the local organization at the moment of application);
• A good technical understanding of your camera equipment (to be brought along);
• Basic experience in documentary photography or photojournalism, and;
• A high level of motivation.
How to Apply
To apply you need to send a PDF file not exceeding 6 MB including:
• CV or a written text, of up to 1 page, explaining your work and projects and your contact information;
• Motivation letter;
• A portfolio of max. 30 images with text introductions and captions (please show your story telling skills by presenting at least one picture story of 8 images).
send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org