Deadline: 7 January 2011
Open to: excellent students wishing to obtain a Master’s and Phd degree
Scholarships: for Master’s degree: €1,181/month, return trip, health insurance and cultural activities; for PhD degree €1,400/month, return trip, health insurance and cultural activities
The French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs launched the Eiffel excellence scholarship programme in January 1999 to support French centres of higher education in their international outreach initiatives, in a context of mounting competition among developed countries, to attract elite overseas students on master’s, engineering and PhD courses.
- Master’s degree is designed mostly for students in the field of Engineering.
- The students must be below 30 years old.
- PhD degree for students in the field of Engineering and exact sciences: mathematics, physics, bio- and nanotechnologies, environmental studies, ICT, business administration and economy, law and political sciences)
- Students must be below 35 years old.
Amount of Eiffel scholarship
* The Eiffel programme does not cover tuition fees, though the higher education centres concerned are invited to apply the best possible financial conditions to Eiffel scholarship-holders.
* Enrolment fees at state-run higher education centres are waived for students on French government scholarship programmes such as this.
* Master’s courses: Eiffel scholarship-holders on Master’s courses receive an allowance of €1,181. In addition, the programme meets various expenses including return trip, health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance.
* PhD courses: Eiffel scholarship-holders on PhD courses receive an allowance of €1,400. In addition, the programme meets various expenses including return travel (single return trip for law and political science students on multiple stays), health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance.
Check the requirements here (in French only): 1. Master under word format / au PDF format (in French only) 2. Doctorate under word format / au PDF format (in French only)
* Deadline for reception of applications by Égide: 7 January 2011
* Announcement of results: week of 21 March 2011
More information in French: 1. Eiffel Programme guide – 2011/2012 Session PDF format (in French only) 2. Eiffel Programme guide – 2010/2011 Session PDF format (in French only)
Égide – Programme Eiffel
28 rue de la Grange-aux-Belles
You may post your inquiries here.
2 thoughts on “Eiffel Excellence Scholarships, France”
i like this website.. thank u
We are glad to hear such words. Thank you and you are welcome.