Open to: legal residents or citizens of the EU
United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY) is looking for a result-oriented, energetic and well organised International Secretariat and Outreach Coordinator. The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) is a network of youth organisations active in the field of peacebuilding. Its Secretariat is based in The Hague, The Netherlands and is run by an international team of interns and volunteers.
Salary: 1 fte Gross Salary € 1600,- monthly (approximately)/ Full Time position
Starting: 1 October 2010
Minimum: 1 Year
Purpose of the position
* Implement and monitor, jointly with the International Network & Program Coordinator, the UNOY Peacebuilders 2011 – 2015 strategic framework;
* Secure funding for the implementation of the UNOY Peacebuilders strategic framework;
* Ensure the effective functioning of the UNOY Peacebuilders International Secretariat;
* Ensure high visibility and successful profiling of UNOY Peacebuilders among public, government and donor audiences;
* Contribute to the effective functioning of the Management Team of UNOY.
* Relevant academic background in communication, social, cultural, political sciences and related fields to Communications, Peacebuilding and Conflict transformation theory and practice
* Proven working experience in coordinating youth programs, organisations or networks
* Proven three year working (volunteering) experience in NGO settings, preferably in positions as fundraiser, communications officer etc.
* Proven experience in mentoring and on-the-job-supporting of project staff and interns
* Excellent communication, supervision and team building skills
* Excellent networking skills
* Excellent social media / web 2.0 skills
* Ability to support partners and maintain productive long-distance relationships
* Working language proficiency in English. French or Spanish is an asset
* Team player
* Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
* Well organised and consistent
* Calm, relaxed, able to deal with stress
* Flexible, willing to work extra hours
Interested applicants should send their resume (max 2 A4) and motivation letter (max 1 A4) to the board of UNOY Peacebuilders by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: use “IS & Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
The application deadline is 18th August 2010. Job interviews will be held the last week of August. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With any further queries contact: email@example.com
For more specific information about open position check the pdf file (last pages of the file)