Deadline: 01/11/ 2010
Open to: post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers
Fund: 700 euros + travel/research expenses
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its 2011/2012 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
The programme is carried out with the kind support of a donator within the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft.
For the academic year 2011/2012 CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to post-doctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Junior as well as Senior scholars are invited to apply.
The selected Fellows will take part in the regular Fellow seminars and the other scientific events organized by the Centre (workshops, conferences, lectures, etc.) and are invited to present and discuss their project in lectures or seminars. The results of their work shall be summarized in a paper (in English), to be published in the electronic CAS Working Paper Series.
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages
- A monthly stipend of 700 euro (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (400 euro)
- Research expenses (100 euro p.m.)
- A good command of English
- Candidates must indicate the preferred fellowship duration and its starting date within the following periods:
1 March 2011 – 31 July 2011
1 October 2011 – 29 February 2012
- High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
- Innovative research proposal with significant contribution;
- Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
Applicants should fill in:
The submission deadline is November 1, 2010
For Junior scholars (up to 12 years after PhD defense) only: two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work should be faxed/mailed/emailed to CAS by the referees.
*All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with a subject entry “”Advanced Academia Fellowships””*
For more info click here
2 thoughts on “Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Sciences”
I have B.A islamic studies with 3.5 c.g.p.a and iam from nigeria, am i eligible ?
in the eligibility section you can find that the applicants need to have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences.