The launch of the BMW Group Award for Intercultural Commitment: Applicants from all over the world are invited to submit their idea on how to further peaceful and respectful coexistence in a multicultural, diverse society. The BMW Group is looking for innovative projects and dedicated, visionary individuals worldwide – to establish a lasting connection between people of different cultural, religious, and language backgrounds.
No matter whether you work in a team or alone and do so on a local, regional or national level, everybody is aloud to send an idea.
Detail your concept (maximum five pages) based on the following questions:
- What local challenges have to be mastered? What target groups does your initiative address?
- What are your goals? And which (innovative) ways have you identified to meet them?
- What schedule do you anticipate? Is your project temporary or do you hope to expand it gradually?
- What type of support do you require at the location? Give some information about the benefit and expenditure/effort of the requested support services.
- How do you plan to build and extend your project in the long term, also following the maximum support period of one year?
- Can your idea be transferred to other cultural settings? Can it be applied to other national, religious or cultural constellations or to various age and target groups?
The jury shortlists the six most promising applications from all submissions and invites the teams to present their concepts to the jury committee in Munich on 18 November 2010. The three applicants with the most convincing idea will be presented with the BMW Award for Intercultural
Commitment only a few hours later at the award ceremony.
The presentation of a total prize money of € 25,000 also marks the kickoff of the cooperation between the award winners and the BMW Group.
How to apply
Submit your concept together with the completed application form in German or English as well as any accompanying material such as images, films or sketches by 31 May 2010, either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail:
Social Responsibility – Award for Intercultural Commitment
80788 Munich, Germany
For more information, click here