Novosibirsk State University (NSU) was founded in 1959 in the USSR in a program of establishing a Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Novosibirsk State University is one of the most famous universities in Russia. The university is located 20 kilometers from the city of Novosibirsk, a cultural and industrial center of Siberia. The total number of students is about 7000.
A university course in Russia lasts 5 years, at the end of which students are awarded the title of specialist. Some departments also offer a degree called Bachelor after 4 years of study, equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in the British and American system. Students who complete such a degree may go on to study for further two more years for their Master degree.
The university has signed more than 40 collaboration agreements with leading universities, academic organizations and business companies of Europe, Asia and America. Under the agreements signed the University carries out:
– Double diploma programs;
– Student and academic exchange programs;
– Programs of joint scientific supervision;
– Internship programs;
– Scholarship programs;
– Joint research projects.
International student body is about 250 students from allover the world and CIS countries. They are enrolled:
– In all academic programs of the university, including Ph. D. Studies
– Year –round courses of Russian language for international students.
* Applicants are encouraged to seek financial aid from foundations and institutions in their home countries.
* Foreign students study in classes with other students.
* Russian language classes are available for all foreign students, either as an aid to full-time students or as an individual programme of Russian study.
* A good knowledge of Russian is required (lectures and seminars are given in Russian, except in special cases of individual research, where English knowledge is sufficient for enrollment). Students must take the TORFL Russian language test and score 2 or higher for admission.
* TORFL only is required for admission to the following departments: the Humanities, Foreign Languages, Psychology, and Philosophy.
* TORFL and entrance examinations in mathematics, physics and chemistry are required for admission to the departments of Natural Sciences (biology and chemistry), Economics (mathematics), Mechanics and Mathematics (mathematics), Physics (physics and mathematics). At the other departments examination requirements are defined individually by Dean’s Office basing on the documents, submitted by an applicant.
All application materials must be submitted in English or in Russian. More info and application form.
To apply for admission international students should contact International Relations Office at
Tel./fax: +7 (383) 363 42 92.